When people are afflicted with a urinary tract infection, friends and family often tell them to drink cranberry juice. And while cranberry juice is helpful in fighting a urinary infection, many believe it is all they need. This is a mistake. In order to successfully treat a urinary tract infection, you need to know what type and how much cranberry juice to drink.
Cranberries and Urinary Tract Home Infection Remedies
Cranberry juice is one of the most widely known natural remedies for urinary tract infections. In most cases, cranberry juice will help people get over their infections much more rapidly than they normally would. However, some people just dont find the successful UTI cure theyre looking for.
Cranberry juice is like any other remedy. If you hope to get the maximum benefit from it, you have to use it properly. This article will explain how best to accomplish this.
UTI Cure Cranberries
In recent years, cranberries have been the subject of scientific investigations. They have been found to be a legitimate natural remedy for urinary infections. These studies have found that cranberries contain a compound that will prevent the infection-causing E. coli bacteria from attaching to the lining of the urinary tract. This makes the bacteria much easier for your body to flush.
E. coli uses hair-like cilia to cling to the lining of the urinary tract. Eating cranberries or drinking cranberry juice will neutralize the cilia, making the bacteria unable to attach to the urinary tract. Without this ability, the bacteria are easily flushed every time you urinate.
However, when many people are stricken with a urinary infection, the first thing they do is drink massive amounts of cranberry juice hoping this alone will be the magical UTI cure. It is not.
Using Cranberry Juice Properly as a UTI Remedy
1. You need to drink unsweetened cranberry juice. Most of the popular brands available at the store are loaded with sugar, artificial colors, and other things that dont help fight a urinary infection.
2. If you are not sure about which cranberry juice to buy, you can get the same effective UTI cure by eating cranberry tablets.
3. Of course, you can also eat the fruit itself. If you are using cranberries to treat a urinary infection, eat one cup, three or four times a day until your infection is gone.
4. You need to drink plenty of water during an activfe UTI. Drinking water will make you urinate more often, which will flush the bacteria from the urinary tract more quickly.
5. Cranberry juice, even unsweetened cranberry juice, contains a lot of sugar, which can actually cause more harm than good. This is why it is important to use this natural remedy in moderation.