Eye strain is a common problem nowadays. It can occur for a number of reasons. Some common causes are lack of sleep, watching digital device for long periods, read with low light for a long period without taking a rest, allergies, vision without correct prescription, exposure to intense light, and some type of problem in the eye.
The eyestrain can cause much discomfort. Some of the symptoms are redness or irritation, dry or watery eyes, blurred or double vision, difficulty concentrating, increased sensitivity to light, headaches and pain in the neck, shoulders or back.
In general, symptoms do not arise in the morning, but appear when it is something that makes the eyes to stress on the approach.
Although there are many drops of over-the-counter eye and medications that can offer help, there are many natural ways to relieve eyestrain.
Here are the 10 best ways to reduce eye strain.
• Eyes massage
To reduce the eyestrain, gently massage daily eyelids. Improve the blood circulation to the eyes and relax the muscles around the eyes. At the same time, it will stimulate the tear glands, which help prevent dryness of the eyes.
1. Use your fingers to massage the muscles above the eyebrows and eyelids for about 10-20 seconds.
2. Gently massage the lower lid against the lower bone about 10 to 20 seconds.
3. The bones of the upper cheek and temple massage, also.
4. Do this 1 or 2 times a day.
Note: you can use a few drops of olive oil or an eye for a regular massage cream.
Palming is ideal for relaxing eyes thesis, especially when reading or spend too much time in front of the screen of your desktop, laptop or TV. The main objective of the Palms is the creation of a State in the eyes that never tire.
1. Sit right in a comfortable position.
2. Warm hands rubbing together quickly.
3. Close your eyes and place the palms of his hot hands on them, without applying pressure on the eyelids.
4. Relax and enjoy the darkness for 30 seconds.
5. Slowly open your eyes and look to her around.
6. Repeat steps 3 to 5 times in a single session.
7. Follow this technique often during the day.
Sunlight is another useful technique to relax tense and tired eyes. The vital energies of the Sun life are good for the eyes. Direct sunlight will also help your body to produce vitamin D, which is important for your health in general. To avoid tanning, do your Sun 08:00-10:00
1. Stand somewhere sunny early in the morning.
2. Close your eyes and allow the light to fall on the eyelids.
3. You feel the heat in your eyes and slowly move your eyes up and down, from left to right in clockwise and counter-clockwise.
4. Repeat this process for a total of 5 minutes.
5. Follow with the palms of the hands.
6. Do this once a day.
Note: During lying down, use contact lenses or glasses. On the other hand, it is essential to the Palm after lying to gain the maximum benefit.
• Eye exercises
Regular eye exercises can relieve eye strain. Exercise improves circulation of blood to the eyes, make more flexible eye muscles, and improve attention and concentration.
o Hold a pen or a pencil at arm’s length and focus on it. Slowly the subject closer to your eyes until you can focus clearly on it. Then move the object away from his vision. Repeat 10-15 times.
o Also, put the eyes clockwise and counter-clockwise directions for a few seconds. Take a rest and bright eyes. Repeat 4 or 5 times in a row. Do this exercise every few hours?
Perform these exercises of eyes all day to avoid eye strain and enjoy a good view.
• Cold water
The cold water can also be very effective in soft eyestrain relief. Are you can improve blood circulation, relax the tired muscles around the eyes, and reduce swelling and inflammation of the eyes.
o Splash of cold water in the face and eyes closed when your eyes feel tired or tense. You will have an immediate impact in the relaxed eyes.
o To remedy to a more concentrated, dip a soft cloth in cold water and wring out the excess moisture. Place the cold towel on the eyelids closed during 1 minute. Repeat if necessary.
o If you have swelling of the eyes you tense, use a cold compress. Wrap some ice cubes in a clean cloth. Place on closed eyelids. Swelling decreases after 5 to 10 minutes of application.
• Hot compress
A hot compress is another way to reduce eyestrain. Relax the muscles around the eyes, reduce stress and relieve dry eyes. Also ‘ effective to reduce swelling pain of an eye sty.1. Dip a soft cloth in warm water and wring out the excess moisture.2. Lie down comfortably, close your eyes and place the hot towel over your eyelids.3. Change the fabric and repeat 3 or 4 times.4. Follow this treatment 1-2 times a day.5. How to reduce eyestrain
Cucumber slices can also help you to get rid of eye fatigue quickly. Because of its astringent properties, potatoes helps to soothe tired muscles around the eyes. It can also help reduce swelling and dark circles under the eyes.1. Cooling-medium cucumber in a refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.2. Cut in thick slices and place on tired eyes.3. Follow this remedy 1 or 2 times a day.
This remedy can also done with potatoes.
• Whole milk
Whole milk is also a popular way to reduce eye fatigue. Whole milk fat is very relaxing and soothing for tired eyes. At the same time, the milk can be effective in reducing irritation of the eyes and swelling.
1. Dip a cotton ball in cold milk.
2. Rub gently around the eyes and on his eyelids closed for a few minutes.
3. Try to relax and soon the cooling effect of the milk will do the trick.
4. Do this once a day or as needed.
• Other tips
o For every 20 minutes, you pass near a screen, looking at an object 20 feet away from you for 20 seconds.
o If you work on the computer for long periods, use a special software.
o Place your laptop screen and 20 to 26 inches from the eyes and slightly below the eyes.
o Avoid using cosmetics for eyes too for eye strain.
o Wear sunglasses when the Sun during the day.
o Use artificial tears to refresh the eyes when they feel dry.
o To help prevent dryness of the eyes while working indoors, use a humidifier to increase moisture in the air.
o Get plenty of sleep and the sleep deprivation may contribute to more frequent and visual fatigue.
o Blink often to keep the eyes moist and healthy.
o Follow a diet rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids.
o Consider taking supplements of vitamin A and beta-carotene to the overall health of your eyes.
o Drink plenty of water to help reduce eyestrain.
o It receives eyes examined regularly by a specialist to ensure that your eyes are healthy.
Another quick treatment for eyestrain is Chamomile tea bags. Chamomile soothing and relaxing nature relieves stress on the eyes rapidly. It can also help to reduce the swelling around the eyes.
1. Steep two bags of Chamomile tea in a cup of hot water for 5 minutes.
2. Remove tea bags, and put one in the fridge and the other on the kitchen counter.
3. Treatment for hot water put the bag of tea from the kitchen countertop eyelids closed for 5 minutes.
4. For cold treatment, place the tea bag refrigerated in the eyelids.
5. Repeat this treatment as often as you want.
In addition, drink 2-3 cups of Chamomile tea to relieve headaches, one of the most common symptoms of eyestrain.
• Rose water
Rose water acts as a natural relaxing for eyes tense and tired. It has a very relaxing effect. In addition, you can rejuvenate the skin around the eyes and dark circles and bags under the eyes disappear.
1. Splash your eyes with water cold and dry with a clean cloth.
2. Dip two balls of cotton in rose water.
3. Lie down, close your eyes and place over the eyes wet cotton balls.
4. Do this twice a day.
However, sometimes eye strain fatigue is a sign of an fundamental condition that may need medical treatment. If eye weakness persists despite taking simple precautions, see your doctor.